Sunday, June 19, 2011

You are right, I am not answering emails

There are a couple reasons. First, I've been slipping because I am busy. My job takes me out of town 4-5 days a week now. I get good money, but have much less spare time.

And if I have spare time, I have freelance clients. And I've been writing this entire book. Which is being edited now, so there's still months of changes to do.

And I am editing another book (on webkit development, if you care) for Wiley's "Smashing" series.

And there are other hobbies where I end up making documents, doing webdesign, making maps, etc. It's a busy life. And that's before you get to having a house, and a wife and up to 5 foster kids at a time.

Second, because my hosting service is stupid. And I never really made a good way for you to get ahold of me. The email has failed, basically. Sometimes I can't even receive, but haven't been able to send from that account for months. So, now I am going to get emails at the new, more sensible address questions@star-firearms.com. Some day I'll get around to answering the emails already received, but remember I am busy still. Could be months.

This does make me sad, as I also have entire manuals, and thousands of photos to get through. Plenty to do on the site, even without answering questions. So sad really.


Which leads me to a question to all of you. What other support systems would you like? I used to run a forum, but it got out of hand so took it down long ago. I was thinking of maybe a Facebook page. I'll moderate, preferably with things like the ability of you guys to say posts are inappropriate to keep the spam low. But then you guys can buy and sell stuff, answer questions yourselves, etc.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment