Friday, January 31, 2020

Star PD Oddity — Need Your Help

As much as I try, I don't know everything about Star firearms, and now something baffling has happened to one of my personal guns. I'm hoping one of you has experienced this, and solved it, so can help me and I'll be able to share with others in future.

My shiny PD locks open about  1/3rd of the time when I am shooting it. Not just when the magazine is empty, but when full.

It is not binding or sticking in any way, but locked back. When I look at the gun, the slide stop is fully engaged with the slide. The slide can be easily dropped, a cartridge will load, and I continue firing. Whether I pull back on the slide, or push down on the slide stop to release it, this works; there is no force pushing up on the slide stop at this point.

I have had zero other stoppages. The gun runs great, and is fascinatingly accurate.

Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas even? Best I have is that the cartridges are hitting the slide stop while feeding, but that's weird of it. And also, I have never heard of any similar issue on any other Star gun.

This is a very shiny gun, in near-new condition, so it should not be a wear issue. Since parts are nearly non-existent, so I don't want to start randomly filing of course, either.

Thanks and either respond to this post or email me with questions or answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment